Saturday, September 17, 2005

remember when sex was safe and homebrewing was dangerous?

i don't, but homebrewing still has some dangers for me. cleaning out my 5 1/2 gallon glass secondary fermenter last night. i was shaking it and it popped out of my hands and broke across my wrist. cut the hell out of it.

had a super fun friday night at the brackenridge hospital er. got in there at about 11 and didnt get seen till about 4:30. back at home by about 7.

er's are fucking crazy on friday nights. i imagine saturday is even worse. a group of asian kids came in with about 4 or 5 of their buddies who'd been stabbed. mostly in the arms and shit, but it looked like one got it in the upper torso. a little later, what looked like three frat boys came in. one was walking fast , bent over and lurching. not much blood on the front, but when he turned the corner to go to the or the back of his shirt was soaked. supposidly he'd been shot in the back and had a lung collapsed. by this point it definately didn't look too bad for me. place was crawling with cops.

had to get a tetnus shot. get local anestesia ingected into the wound. damn that hurt. feel the needle going into an open wound, not too bad, but when what i assumed was novicane come out, holy fuck! that burns like a somna' batch. the doctor cleaning out the wound wasn't too pleasant. my pussy eyes couldn't watch, but tara said it looked as though she did a thorough cleaning job. six or so stiches and then some x-rays to make sure there was no glass still inside. backwards i guess, but the doc, she felt i should be good and i would have had to be around a lot longer if we did it the other way. plus they needed to get me out of my bed so they could sew up those stabbing victums.

probably no riding fo a week or so. doc said it looked as though no muscles, tendons, or nerves were sanipped, but i am too much of a puss to worry about hurting myself while pulling on my bars. oh, well. another excuse to drink and be lazy.

speaking of drinking. i sure do miss being able to make up the excuse of looking for some one to ride with to go down to the MWC drinking club for a cold one or a few.

1 comment:

cvo said...

sorry about your cut dude,

I'd take a broken bone any day over stiches from a cut, man, I hate cuts.