Sunday, February 19, 2006

Frio




Cold ass weekend in Austin. Freezing rain Saturday night. Ice in bowls Sunday morning. My parents were visiting from New York. Bummer for them. One good day of temps in the 80's, but cool the rest of the visit.

Dropped 'em off this morning for their 6:45 flight. Decided to go ride Walnut Creek. It was sweet. Don't know if was the early hour or the cold temps, but had the place to myself. Wool long sleeve, short sleeve, wool arm warmers, leg warmers, wool cap under the helmet, and carhart knickers. Perfect amount of clothes, light shells over my cycling gloves. Bottles had ice in them by the end of the ride and there was a thin layer of ice on the windward parts of the bike. Coldest ride of the year. Purdy good though and I'll take it cause I am sure to have a lot of hot ass rides the rest of this year.

No comments: