Thursday, July 13, 2006

My fine lady's pimpin new ride










In a week Tara is going to start teaching 6-7th grade art and english at our friends' school. Supe psyched, school is right downtown and she'll be riding every day. Might as well git yer self a new bike for the ride.

Bad ass commuter. Nice and light, what Tara was really wanting. Stout wheels, svelte (sp?) frame, road gearing, a little carbon, sold by Lancey pants.

Virgin ride tonight. Go get some ahi for the lady and pick up my epipens so I don't die the next time fire ants decide to attack, or next time dumb ass steps on a fire ant mound. Tara love it. Definately seemed faster up the hills and down. The higher gearing over the Dew so its pretty sweet riding along side Tara. She had a grin the whole time.

Only one little annoyance, heel kept hitting the end of the brake cable. Simple fix.

Not a bad day of riding for me either. 15 to work with a tail wind. Just enough that pushing my one gear was sweet. Good day to do it. 7 18-wheeler, 3 car, and a cement truck accident that closed the northbound lanes on I-35. One of the big rigs was a fuel tanker and spilled! My co-worker who live near me left before me, didn't make a breakfast taco stop, and arrived at work after I already finished a gatorade and a taco! Another 15 back home and then 10 with the wife.

Note to self, don't let the heat and humidity make you a puss.

No comments: