Monday, January 23, 2006

Nice billboards












Saw some pretty cool billboards on my way from Wichita to Garden City, KS. They were all in a small town whose name escapes me. Put up by an artist who makes sculptures out of old signs and farm machinary parts. Tried to stop by the atrist's studio shed, but it was closed.

I imagine this is a pretty popular person in this small conservative Kansas town. Looks like this person has it out for a hypocritical Christian entrepreneur. My favorite is the Support Gay Marrige. I feel pretty passionate about that issue. If two consenting adults want to marry they should be able to. Lots more this country needs to worry about then gay people receiving legal protection that straight folk do. Plus if you ask me the sanctity of marrige was destroyed a long time ago. What's the percentage of straight Americans who are divorced. Shit I guess its time we let gay people start tying the not and see if they can't do better than us straight folk. Just my two cents.

Saw some other interesting signs in farm fields too. Lots of signs about abortion. My favorite was calling abortion the American Holocaust. My guess is there's no Jewish people in that little rural town.

1 comment:

Tony T said...

Interesting signs. Reminds me of a lady in Grand Island whose husband died and she blamed everyone for his death. She had signs plastered all over her house airing her grievances. Her house was right on the main drag through town so everyone saw them.

Too bad you couldn't talk to the artist about them.