Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cyclocross

Fucking stoked and ready to get my ass kicked. The Tuesday night CBO cyclocross series starts tonight. Its going to be a blast. Regeared the fixxie last night to make it a little easier to peddle. Down from a 42x16 (71.3 gear inches) to 39x16 (66.2 gear inches). And why the hell doesn't anyone make a 130mm stainless chainring?

Can't wait. Mexican steak and potatoes last night for dinner, pesto and pasta for lunch today. Tara and the mutts coming out for some support.

Should be sweet. Can't wait to see what its like trying to dismount/mount in a pack. Especially since I havn't really practiced it too much.

Should be some photos of the Sativa Rollers sunday dam ride from this past Sunday and some then some race photos that TAra takes.

3 comments:

sda said...

let us know how it goes bro.

and as an aside ... there may be a visit to austin for me in the near future.

look out mutherscratcher.

len said...

dude, get your ass down here! Tara and i'd love to have ya!

5th, 2 crashes, one on in a turn, one on a dismount when my foot didn't come unclipped. probably not to big a deal with a freewheel, but not so good when your peddles keep spinning.

the guy who one was on a mtn bike, which was best for the course seeing how loose the dirt was. he lapped me on my last lap and was about to lap the 4th and 3rd. good gap between me and 4th and bigger one between me and 6th. never hear their lame ass bell for the last lap and on my last 3 I eased up a bit to avoid puking. maybe riding there (20 miles plus 5 for getting lost along the way) wasn't the best idea for a warm up, but maybe it helped. who knows and who cares. i was stoked, my mounts and dismount were pretty smooth considering i haven't really practiced.

i am addicted and it looks as though cross lasts through january here. Tara seemed to have a great time at the race which is cool cause i wouldn't consider the course great for spectators. there will definately be some more races in the near future and i'll definately race this tuesday series as long as work doesn't take me out of town

ZarthStar said...

Hey, we are considering relocating to Austin and I'm trying to get a bead on the Austin Mtb, SS and 'cross scene.

Can you give some details about the CBO Cyclocross series? Is it every Tuesday? Where?