Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Benefits of Dedicated Single Speed


There's been a lot of talk recently on the Lincoln Blog about the benefits of single speeds. Here's another one, but you need a way to tension the chain some other way than a der like gizmo and a fix/free hub. A pin on one of my rear break arms was always bending. I'd have to bend it back after each ride. Bent it the last time on Saterday's pre-ride prep. Luckily I could pop off one free wheel and thread on a track cog and lock ring. Plus with the Jones bars I could remove the break and lever without taking off grips. Not really wanting to buy a new break right now so I'll be riding fixed gear full time. Hit up Muleshoe that way. Gotta be the best trail in Austin area. Fast 7 mile loop, all tight technical single track with some nice rock gardens thrown in. Great place for laps. We did 3 Saturday.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Look at my bars, the tape keeps unwrapping from the ends. Never had it happen before. Removed the adhesive on the back of the tape, but that's never caused a problem before. Is it cause the ends point down?

3 comments:

cvo said...

you just have stong hands. lighten up man.

naw, my bars do the same thing, every now and then, I just have to re-wrap them.

mw said...

did you start the tape job from the outside end? start at the end and work towards the stem. then tape it over with electrical. should do the trick.

SS rules...

len said...

I started from ends and wrapped I believe from the inside out towars the front of the bars