Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Beer


Kegged a cream ale last night. Had a little tailgate safety meeting with myself prior to the work. Last time I kegged a beer I cut the hell out of my wrist when cleaning out the carboy. Did is safely though this time. Thank God for personal safety meetings and the regulations set forth by OSHA.
http://www.osha.gov/

Well since I knew I'd keg that night and have an empty carboy and had to leave work early to pick up a survey of my new home, figured I'd stop by Austin Homebrew Supply
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/

Brewed up a relatively heavy hopped Coffee Porter. 3oz. Fuggles, 1oz. Northern Brewer, and 1/4oz. Warrior. Steeped a 1/2 lb. of coffee in the brew as I was cooling. Two favorite drinks as one, the multi-task beer. Made a similar recipe last year using the Panache's Blue Haitian Voodoo Coffee. Man that was a good beer. Blue-black in color it looked like an oil slick. At first there was this overpowering smell of stale coffee so let it sit and finished off a steam beer that was ready to drink. After about 2 additional weeks in the bottle, the smell died and the flavor was great. Drunk and caffinated, what a better way to be. If you were lucky, I might have shared that beer with some of you.

Anyway, I have this offer. Anyone from Lincoln gets me a 1/2 lb of unground Blue Hatian Voodoo coffee, I'll send off a few bottles of beer it goes into.

No comments: