Thursday, April 06, 2006

Am I fat?

No not really, but sometimes I wonder. Been thinking about this lately and was forced to think about it Tuesday when meeting some of those bike mojo folks. One of the older guys said to my buddy rEy and I, "Oh you guys look like the skinny fast type." How do you respond to that. I was tempted to say, "Well you may be fatter than me, but I bet I weigh as much as you." I weigh more than almost everyone I ride with, at 5'11" I will weight between 181.5 to 184 in a given week. I'll drop 2 lbs when I shit! Reading dirt rag yesterday looking at bike reviewers hieghts and weights they might be a inch shorter than me, but will have almost 20 less pounds of wieght. 20 pounds per inch? Maybe its the hair on my chest and back!

It'll be interesting to see if commuting 30 miles to and from work 3 days a week will help drop the lbs or add them as muscle mass. Maybe I can be a clydsedale by the end of the year.

1 comment:

len said...

i do need to drink more. matter fact I am going to get a beer now. i've always liked your reasoning carp. my biggest problem though is not enough cammo tall boys trailside.