Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bad to Good

Riding to Walnut Creek the other day my friend rEy and I cut in through private driveway of some condos to access the trails. We came in hot and two ladies in a BMW were on the left side of the road coming towards us. Both swerved and missed but we received the double bird. rEy reacted with a big FU. I stayed silent. Over the shoulder I saw the break lights and reverse lights come on. I got off my bike, hoped these ladies didn't have a gun and weighted. Sorry came out of my mouth, some yelling came out of rEy, and after starting to yell, sorry came out of the ladies mouth who earlier gave us the double bird. It was cool! What could have been real shitty turned out great. We were laughing together. They helped me refind the access and explained how there is a public access up the road and a lot of people come in here and wreck landscaping to get in the park. "sorry, I knew it was private and I know about the public access up the road, we'll use that next time." "oh, don't worry, our access trail is fine, we just want you to go down that." How cool is that. We were in the wrong. Afterall it is a privately maintained road.

As a result I've decided to be less confrontational with the vehicles and bad drivers. I'm taking the high road. I'll still let drivers know they cut me off or came pretty close, but I'll try and do it in a non-confrontational way. Maybe that way the drivers will modify their habits instead of being even more pissed of a bike is on their road.

I don't know. I am either getting soft or the heat and humidity are getting to me.

1 comment:

cvo said...

I hit your sight every day looking for some new pics..

you must be really busy with the yard work buddy.