Thursday, April 06, 2006

Goals

Gotta love goals. At least when you're making 'em. Ride to work 3 days a week. One day of the week left and one day of riding needed to make the goal.

Its pretty sweet. I've been on the bike everyday since Saturday. Thought I was going to have yesterday off. Was cleaining the rear wheel cause I was going to pull apart the Surly hub and regrease the bearings. Actually I'm a little afraid to see what those balls look like. Locking up a wheel while riding fixed can't be too good for bearing life. Tara gave me a call and said, why don't you ride down town and ride home from dance class with me. Probably only 4-5 miles each way, but my ass was on the bike none the less.

Found a bbq place, Amigos BBQ about a 1-2 miles on the way in from the office. Killer breakfast tacos on fresh handmade tortillas. One of the benefits of Tejas is the copious amounts of fresh handmade tortillas.

Gonna ride through Walnut Creek Park on my way home to get the off-road fixxie fix in. Rode out there Tuesday night. A group called bike mojo was out there to celebrate daylight playtime. Guess they do a tuesday night ride and then drink. Tuesday will be a commute by bike day from now on and I'll ride with some of those folks on the way home. Hopefully fill the MWC ride void. Plus now that I've got a working freewheel and brakes on the 1x1 I don't get any fixxie dirt.

Ride on!

No comments: