Saturday, June 16, 2007

Constitutional Law! What do you THINK?


In 2005 a Supreme Court case decided the fate of 2 displays of the 10 Commandments at Kentucky Court Houses and our at the Texas Capitol (see photo). Click on the link, it'll bring you to the CNN report on the deciscion. I thought it was pretty good one. Heard it on NPR. Saw the display at the Texas Capitol before. Seems like a lot of road or mtn bike rides (if you ride to the trails) take you through the Capitol Grounds. I saw it before the decision and never really had a problem with it. I am a freak and a liberal so I really believe in the separation of church and state. I'd actually be very happy if our gov't was god less. Uncapitalized in order to not discriminate between those who worship many or One. I though Animism was pretty cool when I learned about it in high school, but although I see some reason for spirituality and even mysticism, I think I believe in the eternal Dirt Nap. Dirt to Dirt, dust to dust, literally. If you think about it, is that not eternal life, on the molecular level? Personally I think that idea is pretty cool. But fuck it, what do I now?

I ride beer and and drink bikes. Nobody is buying my training videos.

No comments: