Friday, October 28, 2005

Just another day of bike commuting

Amazingly waking up at 5 AM becomes easier over time. Didn't feel like getting on a bike to ride to my co-works house after running with Tara and the dogs. But once I was on the bike I was stoked to ride. Left the house about 10 minutes earlier and traffic was cut in half. Able to zip through UT campus without having to lane split. Makes me think we are nothing more than machines. Everything starts and ends at the same time and we just jump when told.

What's up with Hyde Park? Two coffee shops I passed were still closed at 7:20. People need to go to work and get some coffee.


Well, buying a house is happening for me. Put an offer in, it was accepted, and we should close by end of November. If I drive my commute time will be more than halved and it looks as though I can ride to work. Probably be about 15 miles one way so it might not happen everyday. But if I do it 2-3 times a week, I will be stoked. There is going to be one stink ass in my office pretty soon!

1 comment:

Tony T said...

I've got the bike commute bug bite, too. I live about 8 miles from work and can take bike trails most of the way. Nice way to save $ from the $3/gallon gas here.

A co-worker asked if I wanted to move in with him in his new house. It's an hours drive from work. Ugh. And there are no ammenities anywhere near his home and the roads are very un-bike friendly. Give it up for SoCal suburban planning. Anyway, I'm not going to move there.

Congrats on the house!