Thursday, October 20, 2005

Riding to work is nice

Another day on the saddle riding to my co-workers house to drive to work. Funny, I am the one driving this week and I am still riding each day. Been leaving my truck parked on his street.

Today's ride was awesome. I felt a lot better than I have the past couple of days. Been fighting a chest cold and allergies. Riding everymorning before work probably hasn't helped. Breathing through your mouth cause your nose is plugged, sucking diesel fumes doesn't do much for a scratchy throat. Other things I partake in don't do wonders either.

But today was good. Avoided a bowl of cereal and milk before the ride. That helped with the flem and stomach.

Most importantly, I saw a ton of moms and pops riding with their kids to school on bikes. It was sweet. Saw a dude with two bikes attached to the back of his bike in tandem. there were also two other kids riding with him. There was also a mom who had a bike attached to her's and then a trailer attached to her daughter.

Hyde Park, gotta love it. Too bad you can't afford to buy a house there.

2 comments:

Beerorkid said...

I love riding to work. Sure it is only 1.1 miles, but it is so much easier than driving.

I work at the NE state capitol, parking is a bitch. When I do find a spot I have to walk 3 blocks, when I live ten blocks away (seems so silly). My truck is a tiny toyota/rust mobile, it can not handle any snow/ice. I spent most of the snowy season holding my tow strap up for trucks that passed by.
The heater does not work either, having to warm it up, wasting all that gas, scraping the windshield, and wiping the inside windows with my glove to get the moisture off sux.

So with a bike I will still need to bundle up, wont have to wait for a truck to hook onto, no scraping, and I get a fun 5 minute ride. I plan on never driving to work again.

I am new to the whole serious riding thing this year and have loved it. Got busted bringing my bike into the capitol after 3 months of sneaking it in. Now i ride one I can lock up. saves me $30 in parking fees, gas money, and keeps the tickets away.

My wife drives the 5 blocks to her work, she thinks I am crazy, vice versa.

sda said...

... sometimes the commute is the best part of my day. especially when its warm out and i can cruise across the CSU campus scoping hotties!! heheh.

last two days have been crazy foggy in the mornings. can't even see the foothills a mile west of my house.